WHO WE ARE
- There is dignity and purpose in every life
- Human thriving happens in relationship with others
- Healing takes place in community
- Strong relationships require honesty, trust, and commitment
- There is value in working hard with integrity
Co-Founder & Executive Director
Charity’s educational and professional pursuits have always had the ultimate purpose of serving the marginalized and bettering lives in her community. While studying in the US, Charity worked with several non-profits and gained experience as a UN intern. In Rwanda, Charity runs her own business and networks with others to see Rwandans continue to find hope and healing.
- BBA, International Business Concentration LeTourneau University
- MA, Leadership and Organizational Development Oklahoma Christian University
Co-Founder & Operations Manager
Rebecca’s personal and professional life has consistently blended local and international work. After eight years of living, working, and raising a family in Guatemala, she returned to the US to work with international students, teach intercultural communication courses, and support the endeavors of international NGOs.
- BA, International Ministries Moody Bible Institute
- MA, Intercultural and International Communication Royal Roads University
Sumaya Kabayiza Latifah
Rebecca and Charity met while Charity was an undergraduate student. Rebecca was Charity’s international student advisor and they collaborated on several projects to promote intercultural learning and awareness. They talked of someday working together on a project that would use their expertise, passion, and faith to serve the marginalized in other parts of the world. Bohoka Employment Initiative is the result of nearly ten years of dreaming, praying, and preparing.